Categories & Dues
MMA members include buyers (marketers, agencies, retailers), sellers (media sellers and advertising solutions), enabling technologies, networks and other companies in relevant industry segments. Dues are calculated based on three criteria: Region(s), Organization Type, and Dues Tier.
Regional versus Global Membership
Member companies can join as a Regional Member—North America (NA), Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe Middle East & Africa (EMEA) or Latin America (LATAM) or as a Global Member, which provides access to all MMA geographical regions.
Then Members identify their Organization Type, and then dues are based on the appropriate Dues Tier calculation:
|Organization Type*||Dues Tier Calculation**|
|Brand Marketer (Advertiser)||Total Ad Spend (annual)|
|Agency||Gross Income (annual)|
|Media Seller||Total Mobile Ad Revenue (annual)|
|Technology Enabler||Total Mobile Revenue (annual)|
|Carrier||Value Added Services|
|Academic Institution||Flat fee|
Click here to calculate your company’s dues.
*Organization Type definitions:
- Brand Marketer (Advertiser): a company that sells its products directly to consumers and businesses and buys marketing services to achieve its goals. Company must also not fit into any of the other sales definitions.
- Agency: a company that provides strategic, creative or media buying and related services to marketers
- Media Seller: a company that creates and/or promotes media and content or brokers the sale and distribution of mobile advertising
- Technology Enabler: a solutions provider offering technology and services that enables and supports mobile marketing
- Carrier: a mobile network operator that provides voice and/or data services
**Dues Calculation definitions:
- Total Ad Spend: total annual advertising spend in measured and unmeasured media
- Gross Income: total annual billable sales to your clients
- Total Mobile Ad Revenue: total annual income from mobile advertising
- Total Mobile Revenue: total annual income derived from mobile
- Value Added Services: a carrier’s total annual income derived from activities that are not standard voice subscriptions and/or charges