Current Job Listings
The Business Insurance (BI) Marketing Manager / Director has a strategic role in supporting and impacting the business’ sales & profitability growth. This includes revenue derived from marketers/advertisers and audience revenue. The BI product line-up includes publications, web-site/other digital properties, conferences & research/data. Business Insurance plans growth in all product areas – especially non-publication products – and expects to bring new products to market, over time, including customized customer programs and content marketing services to marketing/advertising customers.
The Marketing Manager / Director must be experienced in brand management and skilled in developing marketing strategies & campaigns to support the business’ growth. This is a “hands-on” position who can direct others or simply execute when required. Key relationships are: Publisher, Associate Publisher/Online General Manager, Advertising Sales Director, Audience Marketing Director, Director of Research, Director of Events & Associate Publisher-Marketing & Conferences of P&I.
- Plan marketing and branding objectives for BI based on business goals and financial targets.
- Expand product solutions and offerings.
- Lead innovative and customer-centric thinking across BI.
- Prepare marketing strategies alongside other company executives and staff.
- Gather and analyze customer insight.
- Gain full understanding of the commercial risk and insurance market place, including the major customer segments as well as the ecosystem of underwriters, brokers and consultants who serve these market segments. Use this knowledge to propose business development and product development initiatives.
- Prepare and adhere to budgets.
- Prepare promotional programs, timelines and campaign budgets – and manage these effectively. This includes the oversight of collateral, print and digital promotion development, for BI.
- Ensure that the BI brand USP/positioning is clear and that brand messages are consistent, in all materials and communications channels.
- Nurture and enrich all external perceptions of the company and the BI brand – driving to increased market-share as well as supporting the premium pricing BI deserves.
- Organize and direct BI’s effective use of social media in order to enhance mindshare, engagement and audience development for the brand.
- Take calculated risks based on data-driven analysis and an eye on ROI.
- Cultivate relationships within Crain Communications – especially P&I – to take advantage of company resources, as available, and to apply “best practices” on behalf of BI.
Level of position is dependent upon level of experience, skill set, and education of candidate.
Chicago based candidate preferred, NYC will be considered.
- BA or equivalent, plus minimum 5-7 years of marketing. Publishing or agency experience; a magazine/publishing background is not required, but would be helpful.
- Exceptional integrated campaign development and execution skills; particularly experience in and knowledge of digital marketing and social media.
- An understanding of customer databases and how to leverage databases and e-mail lists for communication and promotion, as well as for gaining customer insight.
- Possess a fine balance of creative acumen and strategic thinking. Be able to process new information quickly. Be nimble and flexible in an ever-changing economy and business environment. Foster and support positive change within BI.
- Understands the fundamentals of communication planning, including the consumer lifecycle, the value of brand building and engagement, and the role of channel development to effectively drive results.
- Must be an effective communicator both in written and spoken word. Copywriting skills are a plus.
- Familiarity with print and online research (e.g., MRI, MMR, @plan, comScore, etc.); proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel. Should be familiar with Marketo, which is used at BI for lead-generation programs for the advertising, conferences and audience development team.
- Team player who is comfortable openly contributing new ideas
About Business Insurance
We offer and will foster an increasingly entrepreneurial environment where people are encouraged to manage their categories creatively and independently. Further, BI comprises:
- A lean management structure allowing for growth opportunities, based on the BI team’s ability to grow the company’s topline and profit.
- A family friendly company that is sensitive to our employees’ domestic needs.
- A competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment.
Business Insurance is the authoritative news and information source for executives concerned about risk and the impact on their business. With information for risk managers, benefits managers, insurers, brokers and other providers of insurance products and services, Business Insurance delivers in-depth analysis on new and emerging risks, case studies of successful programs, market intelligence on trends, and guidance on how to capitalize on opportunities and overcome challenges. Business Insurance covers core risk management and insurance areas such as property/casualty insurance, health insurance, captive insurance and other alternative risk transfer vehicles, and enterprise risk management.
Business Insurance provides in-depth coverage of specific industries such as health care, construction, transportation and energy. You will also read about the latest trends in specialty risks such as cyber liability, political risk, reputational risk and emerging risks such as green energy and fracking. We also cover workers compensation and a spectrum of topics within employee benefits such as legislative developments and wellness programs. We explore the technology and processes that facilitate the management of risk and the delivery of insurance products and services. Business Insurance covers the operational and strategic concerns of brokers, insurers, reinsurers and consultants for the industry.
About Crain Communications
Crain Communications Inc. is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 25 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly.
This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
The Director of Sales Training and Enablement will play a key role in shaping and developing our world-class sales training and enablement function at Pandora. The Director will be responsible for leading Sales Onboarding, and will have oversight over Product Training, Systems, and Sales Skills Training in an effort to increase the effectiveness of our sales organization, and ultimately drive sales productivity and revenue for Pandora. The Director will be a strong people leader and master facilitator with a brain for training, a passion for building, and a sweet spot for sales. This person will report to the Senior Director of Sales Training and Enablement. His/her responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
Strategy and Planning
Build out a multi-year certification roadmap for Onboarding, Product, and Skills Training for the Sales and Sales Management organization at Pandora; Develop curriculum plans; Oversee the development and deployment of said curriculum plans.
Work with Sr. Director to anticipate resource needs and investment requirements.
Create strong working relationships with senior leaders within the Sales and Strategic Solutions, Product, Operations, HR, Learning and Development organizations.
Serve as a key facilitator across sales training programs, including but not limited to Onboarding.
Act as a “coach to the coaches”, participating in side-by-side training for managers and executives.
Manage and grow a team of sales training + enablement professionals; Oversee cross-functional project teams + vendors.
Oversee a holistic, on-brand learning journey and experience for all sales employees at Pandora, identifying customized learning paths and courses for each sales channel (national, local, inside, performance, management).
Manage the design and development of sales training programs from start to finish, taking part in writing and delivering select programs while leveraging adult learning and best-of-breed training principles.
Responsible and accountable for content quality and KPI attainment.
8 - 10 years in Sales Training; Experience within the Media industry, specifically Radio or Digital ad sales.
Experience in building and managing training teams, infrastructure, and training programs where none have existed.
Experience evaluating, selecting, and implementing learning technology and alternative methods to traditional training.
Experience working in a matrix organization; track record of successfully collaborating cross-functionally with teams such as Product, Operations, HR.
A passion for Sales and a respect for the discipline and art of selling; Experience selling or managing sales executives a plus.
Understands adult learning theory and instructional design (ADDIE model); can apply concepts for maximum audience engagement and effectiveness; can measure learning outcomes and business results.
Superior verbal and written communication skills; Uses data and insights to write and design meaningful and professional executive-level communications; Can write ILT or vILT programs as needed; Must be a master facilitator with motivational, high-impact facilitation style.
Strong interpersonal skills; Leads by inspiring; Enjoys working with others in a collaborative, social environment; Effective at building and maintaining strong relationships.
Has credibility, stature, and personal presence.
Is flexible with multiple changing priorities and simultaneous projects; Enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; Must possess a sense of urgency and have a strong work ethic.
Can see around corners, anticipate long-term needs, yet execute short-term demands.
Passion for excellence and high quality in the finished product; attention to detail is critical to success.
Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Generates and welcomes new ideas.
Ability to achieve results in a matrix environment through influencing and leadership.
Excellent proficiency in PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and WebEx.
Experience and proficiency launching and/or working with Learning Management Systems.
Some travel required.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org